Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School

Well the first day of school has come and gone.  Abs is in 5th, Mad is in 2nd and Bean is officially in Kindergarten.  I can't believe how quickly time has gone by now that they are all in real school. :)  

All went well according to the recaps we received yesterday.  Abs is the only one who does not have any new students in her class.  Mad has 2 new boys and Ella has 10 new kids total (not sure what the boy/girl ratio is there).  Abs also started her first sport with school.  She is playing volleyball and had her first practice last night.  She had so much fun and said that she thinks it will be a great experience. :)  I am sure come Tuesday night when she has her first game her anxiety will kick in. 

I did send Bean to daycare for the morning yesterday (she only has class 1/2 days in the afternoon).  A friend started her son at our school and Bean went to daycare to help ease him into the new surroundings.  Bean was so exhausted that she fell asleep at 5:30 last night!  I remember Mad and Abs doing this too the first few days of Kindergarten.  They use their little brains so much that they need to recharge just to eat dinner. ha ha

I was child free for the first time in 8 years for a school day.  It was such a strange feeling.  I did ALL the laundry, cleaned the kitchen better than it has been in years and ate lunch in quiet.  It was an amazingly strange feeling.  The house was too quite at times and my heart miss the chaios.  Even the dogs felt the change because they just followed me around everywhere I went.   

I am looking forward to going back to the classroom next week Tuesday, I really miss those preschoolers.  I can't believe I will have every afternoon open to do as I wish.  Who am I kidding, it will involve getting ready for the upcoming Kid's Rummage at church and purging my house of clutter.  Then it will consist of deep cleaning.  I am expecting this to lead me into December sometime.  Then it will be cleaning up the holiday clutter and onto the next project which will involve painting some rooms.  I am excited about all of it though.  T and I may even have some afternoons to ourselves depending on his work schedule.  OH! I just realized I can do my Christmas shopping without having to hide gifts under coats in the cart so Bean won't see them!!! That is AWESOME!

So, I raise my iced coffee to another great school year, clean houses, to do lists and a nap every now and then! Here is to all you stay at home mom's who have so much to do and never enough hours in the day!  Here is to all you working mom's who manage the house, kids, hubby and life while working!  Here is to all !!!

Lalu More.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment