Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ordinary Day

What another ordinary day.  We made a great project at school today, which I think is one of my favs. :)  It was so simple.  Just a mitten with the kids names on it and they glued rick rack to it.  They are turned out so stinking cute. 

When Bean and I came home we made some split pea soup.  Of course I sent a text to Mom to find out what all to put it.  Well... needless to say.... I finally wrote it down and put it in my new receipe box that T and the girls gave me for Christmas this year.  The soup turned out the best I have ever made to date.  I did not make a huge batch... so not so much to share this time around. I did give a small bowl to Kristine, but that was all I could part with.  The rest will be eaten over the next few days.  It is such a shame I am the only one in this house that enjoys it.

I also made a batch of homemade granola for us girls.  They were all so excited since it has been awhile since I have made some.  Again...the best batch to date.  Even Bean said so. LOL  Mads wants to take some with her to school tomorrow to have for her snack.  Awesome! I love that they enjoy it so much.  Makes my heart happy to know that I make something yummy except cookies.

I found out I will have Cece again this weekend.  I am glad to get back on a normal schedule with her again.  The holidays really threw me for a loop.  T has to work all day Sunday so I told the girls we are going to scrapbook on Sunday.  I will help them work on their books.  It has been so long since we have done that.  I go next week Friday for Hobby Night.. so it will be good for them to have Sunday with me.  :)

I am heading over to Jen's in a few minutes for movie and popcorn night.... YUM!!! The Help is the movie choice this week.  I love getting together to watch movies with her.  She is really going to enjoy this one!  I am taking her some granola too since I told her the next batch she could claim some.  What a nice surprise for her.

I talked to Sandi today for a bit.  We are getting together next Tuesday.  It has been over a year and a half since I have seen her.  Can't believe how quickly that time went.  I miss her... but not her comments about her son.  She told me today that he really missed out not doing better by me.  My response was "God didn't plan on him and I forever. I am where I am supposed to be." I think she finally accepts that.  I am looking forward to sharing all the Disney pics with her.  ;)  I know she will enjoy seeing them and how big the girls have gotten.

Lalu More!  DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment