Monday, January 7, 2013

Life Got Crazy

So school started and so did the crazy! Abs started playing sports this year and that threw our whole family for a loop.  Forget the normal schedule... nope! Now it all revolves around her schedule for sports.  I don't mind it so much.. It just seems some days are just a bit more added stress than other.  She has really excelled in them and has had a ton of fun.

Along with that.... I finally got the call from my brother in November that I was waiting 3 years for! He called and asked me to help get him into rehab for his addiction to pain meds and heroin.  I cried all night and could not believe it was happening.  He opened up and said so many things that night in the hour conversation that I never heard him say before.  It took 3 1/2 weeks to get him into the facility that he wanted.  He has been there since November 18th and is doing really well.  It is a hard core 6 month Christian based rehab.  He can stay longer if needed.  He has entered what they call Phase 2 of his program in which he can now come home every Sunday and work a full time job again.  He does not agree with some of the things the program requires, but feels over all it is working for him right now.  I am so proud of his decision and we can already see a change in him and his behaviors.  I only pray that the Lord will continue to work within him to help him understand there is a God and what Jesus has done for him.  I prayed for months leading up to that phone call from him that the Holy Spirit would lead him to help and to the Lord.  When that call came I could not believe it.  It is amazing the power of prayer.  I was really pulled to pray that prayer over and over for the 3 or 4 months leading up to it.  I really feared that I would have to tell CeeCe that her Dad was gone and the addictions won the battle over his life.  I was so grateful the night that I took him to her house so we could tell her that he was leaving to get help.  She hugged me so tight that night when I was leaving and told me she believes this is really going to happen this time since I was the one helping.  All of his life everyone enabled him in some way.  I was the only one who would not accept the behaviors, give him money, support his habits and called it the way it was.  He told me recently that I was the only one that could help him because I was the only one who never sugar coated his addiction, nor did I blame it on others.  I always called it for what it was and told him time and time again that the bottom line was it was his choice.  I am praying that this brings us closer in the end.  I know that this is not a guarantee - nothing ever is - but at least I know the power of prayer and believe that much more in my God today than last month. :)

January is going to bring new challenges for me.  I have decided to pressure myself with goals.  I do not want to call it a resolution since I do not believe in them.  But, reality is I need to change somethings.  The biggest being my health. I am about 70 lbs overweight and really need to focus on a healthier me.  I also would like to get back into scrapbooking since my crafts have revolved so much around other projects since pinterest came into my life!  I printed 290 pictures and the first goal is to finish the Disney album from our trip in 2011!!!!! We have hobby night at church on Jan. 18th and I will be planning some layouts prior to that night and gathering everything up.  :)

I would also like to try and post more often.... even if it is just a daily grateful moment.  But, reality is... that probably will not happen.  Maybe I can figure out how to do it from my phone and then at least a pic post will account for something.

Well, onto the finishing of today.  It will end with dinner and a PTL meeting tonight at 7 pm.  Life is GOOD and always blessed.

Until next time.... LALU more,

Dege

No comments:

Post a Comment